Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bill Lacey's Ramshackle Romance

Here's the strip I stumbled across in Boyfriend, drawn by Bill Lacey who is far better know for his work in boys' comics -- various strips for Super Detective Library, Lion, Valiant, Look and Learn, TV Comic, Battle, Bullet, Crunch, Buddy, etc.

I was a thinking this was a bit of a scoop but I mentioned it to David Roach who tells me that he was a regular during the early days of Boyfriend. Darn... thought I was onto something. I'll just have to hope that tomorrow's 'Comic Firsts' column is the scoop I think it is!

(* I had to photograph this so it's not up to the usual standard. 'Ramshackle Romance' appeared in Boyfriend no. 6 (20 June 1959) and is © IPC Media.)

1 comment:

  1. Photographed or not, it still looks good enough to eat. Marvelous. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books