Monday, October 29, 2012

Little known artists: Brian O'Hanlon

Our third little known artist produced artwork for only a single strip in Lion in 1956. I wrote up O'Hanlon on the Illustration Art Gallery website earlier in the year. I haven't discovered much about him but hadn't, at that time, connected Brian O'Hanlon with the mystery artist I had listed as B. O'Hanlon (I can't remember everything). I think our little known artist also worked for GB Animation in the late 1940s on their Musical Paintbox series. So he's yet another animator who went into comics. "Secret Mission to Norway" is a world away from the romantic illustrations he produced in the 1960s.

 
 
(* artwork © IPC Media.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books