Monday, March 04, 2013

Spot the Strip: The Death Drop

This week I'll be running a series of strips that were reprinted in British annuals that were European in origin. I'm hoping that someone will recognise them and will be able to tell me where and when they originally appeared and, perhaps, too, who the creators were.

Some are factual strips which I think might have come from Le Journal de Tintin. There are a couple of humour strips, too, which might be from Pilote. One took me quite by surprise. But we'll come to that.

First up, a factual strip entitled The Death Drop.

Anyone have any clues?

1 comment:

  1. Steve, thanks to site bdoubliees.com , we can state for sure it's Fédor

    http://bdoubliees.com/tintinbelge/auteurs2/fedor.htm

    published 1965 in Tintin (Belgium) nº34 with title "William Rankin" , script probably by Lux


    http://www.lambiek.net/artists/f/fedor.htm

    I remember reading many of his stories in portuguese magazines, do remember were this type: 4/5 pages historical events.

    Alberto

    ReplyDelete

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books