Friday, December 18, 2015

Comic Cuts - 18 December 2015

Wow! I can't believe we're so close to Christmas. It really has snuck up on me. We had a chaotic start to the week finishing off Hotel Business magazine which, despite having already been delayed by a fortnight, went right to the wire. We had a 24-page supplement with this issue which I finished writing at 4 o'clock on Tuesday. We signed off the proofs at 5:45pm and the files were sent to the printers shortly after.

Wednesday was a bit of a write-off as I pottered about trying to catch up with over 250 e-mails that had built up unanswered. It's now Thursday evening and I'm down to 121 at home and 103 at work... a net gain of about 26, although you have to add the 90 or so mails I get each day, so I've actually ploughed my way through around 200 e-mails in order to achieve that tiny increment of 26!

No wonder I'm knackered!

I should have a little announcement shortly – nothing major, just a new e-book that I started ages ago but had to put aside. I've finally hustled it into shape and I'm giving it a final read-through before it goes out.

I had hoped to post a little something on Carl Wilton last weekend but ran out of time. I'll post the piece this weekend; to keep you going, here are another handful of Carl's covers for Pan...

 
 
I'm going to be busy over the next few days, so the Carl Wilton piece will probably be my final post for the year, although I'll keep Ace O'Hara going over the holidays for anyone who has the urge to keep up with the story in between mince pies and Christmas specials on the TV.

I'll take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope you have a great time over the next couple of weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books